Monday, April 2, 2007

More gray buildings and...Cylons?!?!?!?

The real big news is nothing at all to do with this scene. It's that I just watched the last three episodes of Battlestar Galactica. Holy crap! I was freakin' blown away.

Well, my heart rate has slowed somewhat and I've stopped repeating "oh my god" over and over again...but oh my god! That was some dramatic tv.

Attached is a tiny update, a screen grab of the alleyway shot where I've been adding geometry and trying to plus out just enough to work for the animatic. I'm modeling in a very poly-inefficient way, knowing that the vast majority of these buildings will be rebuilt for final. Still, it irks me to pump out such crap-tastic shots. The rationale, of course, is that if I polish these things, then we look at the animatic and hate them, well, then I'll have wasted my time.

Top shot is camera view, bottom is perspective camera.

So here ya go. Cheers.

No comments: