Saturday, March 31, 2007

Didn't get much done tonight

I'm blaming it on a late start and residual tiredness from the week.

I sat down around 11:30, intending to block out the first few shots and output some playblasts - thus starting the animated part of the animatic. Early on, 2nd shot of the night, I ran into some trouble with the mesh on the main character model. It's not a show stopper, but I'll have to move on without the model over the course of the weekend.

James is lead char. modeler/rigger/char. TD on this thing and I'm pretty sure that if I tried to dive into his mesh/rig, I'd screw it way more than I'd actually help it.

Eh, c'est la vie. It's just past 1am now and I'll probably try to figure out one more shot before I call it a night. More tomorrow. Much more tomorrow.










(Image is my little workspace, active camera on the right. The end of the move on shot #02 is what's framed up. At least, it's what shot #02 looks like as of 1am this evening.

Oh, and all the geometry is mad-low-rez, for blocking purposes only. Once we figure out what buildings are actually in each shot, they'll be rebuilt/textured/lit, etc.)

No comments: