Wednesday, May 2, 2007

MEL Scripts, starting my collection

I work on a computer at work and at home and I have a devil of a time keeping things consistent between them. If I was some sort of 43 Folders/GTD guru I'd have all the answers (http://www.43folders.com/) but in terms of getting started, I'm gonna put useful links up here so I don't forget them.

One think I keep running into are MEL scripts. Someone's always pointing out this or that script that makes Maya way friendlier. I never DL them because I'm afraid I'll forget to install it on both computers, I'll forget that I even installed it, I won't remember what it does or why I thought it would be a good idea to get it. etc.

Well, hopefully, this site will make all that angst a thing of the past.

Introducing RandKey, by Mikael Hakansson (http://highend3d.com/maya/downloads/mel_scripts/animation/randKey-mel-462.html).

"
This script brings up a window, which lets you randomize selected keyframes from the graph editor."

Why this script?

I came across in reference to organically deforming hard surface geometry, trying to give it more of a "real world" appearance, less crisp & CG. I suppose it has other uses as well.

No comments: