Friday, June 1, 2007

I'm a Freakin' UI Designer


This week has not been the most productive week ever, but I did get busy trying to make a good control rig for our camera. It's been pretty fun and my crash course in MEL scripting is just impressing the hell out of me in terms of how usable Maya can be once you put in the time to figure it out.

The above rig is as simple as they get but it does have a check box that suggests that I may, in fact, be awesome. I'd check it.

This GUI and rig are, arguably, overkill for what we need the camera to do in this shot but this is an opportunity for me to learn how to make these things and make them useful. So, some overkill is just fine in the long run. It's all helping me in the end.

Crazy busy weekend coming up, but my goal is to make a much fancier GUI and then move on to dialing in the camera move.

No comments: