Tuesday, August 14, 2007

How Do I Know I'm Cool?

Because I'm blogging about a MEL script written back in 2001.

Yes, it's Connect Poly Shape 3.0, written for Maya 4.0 by Dirk Bialluch, who is a certified Maya Master. Well, it may be old, but it's pretty damn swank. It provides a crazy-useful toolset for creating and manipulating low-poly meshes and associated higher-poly smoothed meshes.

Full disclosure, all I've done so far is DL the script, drop it into a shelf and play with it for 3 min. But if that 3 min. is in any way indicative of how useful this script'll be over the long haul, then damn!

Carry on.

1 comment:

James Kirkman said...

I say leave all the lights.. The idea of 5 lights on the front is overkill and cool at the same time.

The top and bottom ones are great maybe the middle one just shrinks by 50%..?

And maybe only the top one feels truly integrated.. the other could be cobbled on or hangin off of broken supports and bailing wire..

I love the way this thing is shaping up..Nice work